Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Tues. June 12th


Vegan Spinach Bean Veggie Wrap for Lunch!



Daily Tidbit:   So, I am obviously not a Vegan, nor Vegetarian, as I love Meat and Fish and could not live without Cheese…however, I recognize the value of enjoying regular Vegan and Vegetarian meals.  Besides improving health and nutrition and acknowledging our environmental responsibilities to the earth, Vegan/ Vegetarian meals can also be delicious (like my Vegan Spinach Bean Dip Veggie Wrap below)!  And hey, if being vegetarian was good enough for Einstein, Darwin, Franklin, Henry Ford, and Edison there just may be something in it…


Some famous Vegetarians:
Top 10 Reason Why It's Green to Go Veggie


Health Benefits of Going Vegetarian






Breakfast: Oatmeal with Walnuts
½ cup plain Oatmeal, cooked with Fat Free Milk, in microwave
2 tbsp of plain Walnuts
Plain Cinnamon sprinkled on top
5 oz. glass of OJ
Regular Coffee, black




My Vegan Spinach Bean Dip Veggie Wrap, before it was wrapped!

Lunch: Vegan Spinach Bean Dip Veggie Wrap
“Medium” sized Whole Wheat Flour Tortilla Wrap with:
-Spinach Bean Dip (Recipe Below)
-Carrots (rough puree in food processor)
-Radishes, Sliced
Water with Lemon

Side Note:  So I really wanted the “Small” sized wraps in Whole Wheat, but I could only find them in “Medium” which of course is bigger, more calories, carbs etc.  I promised myself to only eat then half, but I couldn’t stop – I love this spinach bean dip! – so I ate the whole thing.  I’ll look for the “Small” ones again next time.  Meanwhile, this size has 3g of fiber, 4g of protein, 3g of fat, 22g carbs and 130 calories. 



Snack:  ¼ cup dry roasted lightly salted Peanuts, Fat Free Milk



Snack:  1 cup of Watermelon



Dinner:  Girls Night Out!

Sweet Onion Hushpuppies Appetizer - YUM!


-Appetizer, shared with friends:  
Sweet Onion Hushpuppies with a Mustard Horseradish Sauce, Amber Ale


Grilled Portabella Sandwich & Fries for Dinner!


-Meal:  Grilled Portabella Sandwich with Roasted Red Peppers, Cheese (can't remember what type!) & a Pesto Mayo, with French Fries and Pickle, Amber Ale




Dessert:  I should have taken the after picture from my sandwich and fries – because there wasn’t a single crumb left; I ate the whole thing, every single bite!  So, I could barely breathe I was so full and though I really wanted a sweet treat, I could only manage room for one bite of my friends New York Style Cheesecake (Thanks Heather!)




 
Amy’s Super Easy Spinach Bean Dip Recipe:
1 large clove of garlic
White Cannellini Beans, 1 can rinsed & drained
Spinach, 1 box frozen, chopped, thawed
Lemon, juice of ½ lemon
1 Tbsp EVOO

Put all ingredients in food processor and process until desired consistency.  This is a very versatile dip – can be used for salads, a dip for veggies, on toasted bread or crackers, or used as a spread on a wrap or sandwich!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment