Total Pageviews

Saturday, December 15, 2012

Fri. Dec 14th

Balsamic Chicken Mediterranean Salad for Lunch!

Daily Tidbit:   This time of year means more social engagements for me and lots more difficult food choices.   Though I played it safe at lunch ordering a Salad (pictured above), it was harder to resist the Brownies that were offered at a friend's house later.  In fact I ate two!  This reminded me why people put on weight around the holidays!  So, in light of that, I found the article belowAvoiding Holiday Weight Gain, in an attempt to recalibrate my strategies for healthy eating and living and keep my jeans feeling comfy (not tight!)

http://www.womansday.com/health-fitness/diet-weight-loss/holiday-weight-gain 

PS.  Was thrilled to see my fav drink of choice these days (Champagne/ Sparkling Wine) on the "Sip Without Guilt" list.  It has the fewest Calories per Serving!



>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
   



Plain Oatmeal with Cinnamon, Walnuts & Flaxseed

Breakfast: Plain Oatmeal with Walnuts & Flaxseed
1/2 cup Plain uncooked Oatmeal, Microwaved with 1 cup Fat Free Milk and topped with:
2-3 shakes of Pure Ground Cinnamon,
1 tbsp Roasted Flaxseed, &
2 tbsp Plain chopped Walnuts
5oz Raspberry-Mango-Spinach Smoothie (recipe below)
Regular Coffee, 1/2 tsp 100% Cacao Dark Chocolate Cocoa, splash Fat Free Milk


*The Cocoa adds such a nice velvety chocolatey flavor to the coffee, it is almost like a Hot Cocoa-Coffee!  The Cocoa I'm using is 100% Cacoa Cocoa, with no other ingredients, and no Sugar :)  Just a little trick I've figured out to get some more Dark Chocolate Antioxidants and yummy-ness into my day!




>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

 

Balsamic Chicken Mediterranean Salad

Lunch out with Mom: Balsamic Chicken Mediterranean Salad
Super yummy and big Salad made with:

Balsamic Marinated Grilled Chicken
Fresh Mozzarella
Roasted Red Peppers
Green & Black Olives
Artichoke Hearts
Cherry Tomatoes
Red Onion
Cucumbers
all tossed in a Balsamic Vinaigrette
Water with Lemon


This salad was totally delicious, but I only ate half because it was so big; I think there were 2 Chicken breasts worth of meat in there!  
 

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 
  
Snack:  I ate the 2nd half of my Salad from Lunch; so good! 
Decaf Coffee, sprinkle Pure Cinnamon, splash Fat Free Milk
 
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 
 

Veggie Lasagna, Shrimp, Salad & Garlic Bread



Dinner at a Friend's House: 
Baked Marinated Shrimp
Veggie Lasagna
Green Salad
Garlic Bread
Sparkling Wine

*I ate twice what is pictured above - I ate 2nd servings of everything it was so good!  And, have to admit in total I probably consumed 4-5 pieces of the Garlic Bread, one of my biggest weaknesses in life! 

Caramel Brownies

Dessert: 2 Super Ooey Gooey Caramel Brownies - YUM!
Wanted to say 'no', but could not stop myself.  Am remembering why people put on pounds around the holidays!



>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

RECIPES:


Raspberry-Mango-Spinach Smoothie Recipe:

Into blender put:

1 cup All Natural Fat Free Vanilla Yogurt
2 ripe Bananas
1 cup Raspberries (I used frozen/ thawed)
1 cup Mango Chunks (I used frozen/ thawed)
1 packed cup Baby Spinach

Blend and serve!   I wasn't crazy about this smoothie, but I am not a huge fan of Raspberries, so that may be why.  My kids loved it!


>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

No comments:

Post a Comment