Total Pageviews

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Chicken Pizza



By now you are wondering if all I eat is curries.  The short answer is basically, well yes, I eat them a lot this time of year.  As much as I love salads, I cannot bring myself to eat them when it is cold outside.  I try to keep my drinks and meals all hot during the winter to keep myself warm.  So yes, Curries are hot meals that also provide the spiciness I love, and I can load them up with tons of Veggies and any one of a long list of Proteins.   With options of Red, Yellow, and Green Thai curries, in addition to all the Indian curries that exist, there are endless options and basically just yes, I eat a lot of them!   Also I am totally seduced by one pot meals, which cuts down on the clean up. 

That being said, I do eat other things, like last night's Chicken Pizza!  No, not your regular delicious pizza dough topped with Chicken, but oh how I love Buffalo Chicken Pizza - YUM.  No, this was not that.  This was another meal where I chose to focus on Veggies and Protein and Good Fats, (and eliminate the dough and extra carbs, salt and calories) as I typically do when I need to reduce some bloat and/ or extra pounds that the holiday gifted me.  But it was yummy!  And not really that hard to put together - I'm gonna try to do this one more often because it really had lots of the Pizza flavors that I love (is there anyone who doesn't love pizza?) in a guilt free dish.   And it was warm and it filled me up = another happy meal for Amy.

I did not think this up on my own, I was inspired by a recipe in Shape magazine this month.  Theirs seemed to provide less overall food, so I just adapted it to fit my appetite :)  Here is how I did it:


Amy's Chicken Pizza Recipe:

Place 4 large boneless, skinless Chicken Thighs on a baking sheet, spray or brush with Canola oil and season with a little salt.  Roast at 400 degrees for 30 minutes or so, until the internal temp reaches a safe 165 degrees.  

I made this for myself alone, so the rest of the recipe is for 1 serving.  I'm saving the rest of the Chicken Thighs to throw into other dishes today and tomorrow!

Slice and chop 1 Chicken Thigh into bite sized pieces.




Place in Cast Iron Skillet, surrounded by 1 zucchini, thinly sliced (I used my Mandoline - easy peasy!) 



Cover with Organic No Salt Added Marinara Sauce - this is healthy, so I don't measure it - I just use however much looks good to me! 




Sprinkle some Parmesan Cheese on top.






Place 10 slices of Turkey Pepperoni on top of Chicken. 



I'm always talking up how great, low fat and low calorie Turkey Pepperoni is - a little goes a long way!  I didn't even use a full serving, simply to save myself the extra Sodium.  Check out the stats here:




Ok, then place 1 slice of Provolone Cheese on top.




Cover and heat on stove for 5 minutes, or until heated through.  Drizzle 1-2 tsp of Olive oil on tops of Zucchini and throw Cast Iron Skillet into Broiler on High for a few minutes, or until the cheese starts to bubble and brown.




Transfer to plate.




Add additional sprinkle of Parmesan, if desired.



Sit down to dinner with a fork and knife and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment